Premium Helmet Insurance
Premium Helmet Insurance
What Is Covered?
At LightMode, we test all the components in our kits for functionality and brightness intensity before shipment. Those that don't meet our standards are discarded. On rare occasions, an electronic component can fail spontaneously due to faulty manufacturing. The Premium Helmet Insurance covers your helmet up to $500 USD in such a case.¹ ²
We also got you covered for water damage.³ Our kits are not waterproof, but getting caught in the rain is a possibility. In that case, we advise you to keep your LightMode helmet off, as turning it on while wet could have adverse effects on rare occasions. In the event that water damage is the cause of your EL wire failure, you would be covered up to $500 USD as well.²
How Does It Work?
You have 15 days to sign up for a Helmet Insurance plan from the day you purchase a kit. Each LightMode helmet requires its own individual plan. Upon signing up, you will have two years of protection.
Should you need to make a claim, contact us at email@example.com and provide the following:
- A complete description of what is not working.
- How/When the problem occurred.
- Pictures and/or video.
We will work with you to pinpoint the cause of the issue and either:
- Send you the replacement part(s)
- Ask that you ship your helmet to us for inspection⁴
If a claim is made and your helmet is replaced, a new plan would have to be purchased for the new helmet if you want it to be insured.
Who is eligible to sign up?
Everyone who purchases a LightMode Kit, including those outside of North America.
Terms and Conditions
1. LightMode Helmet Insurance is voided if component failure is caused by: not following LightMode's instructional video, attempting to remove already glued EL wire, cutting, ripping, motorcycle accident, or any other form of physical harm, misuse or tampering.
2. If a customer's current helmet value is $500 USD or below, payout is either in the form of a replacement helmet shipped to the customer or a dollar amount equal to the current value of the helmet, whichever is more economical for LightMode. If the current helmet value is above $500 USD, payout will be an amount of $500 USD. Customers must have PayPal in order to accept a monetary payout.
3. One free controller, EL tape, or EL wire replacement per insurance plan.
4. We require the helmet in our possession to inspect and evaluate proper compensation, if any. Shipping costs to send defective helmet to our office is paid by the customer. Return shipping is paid by LightMode.